Monday, October 26, 2015

Day 21 on Day 24... Blogging Clumsily


On September 6, I signed up for the Clumsy Bloggers Workshop based on the recommendation of Jen Hatmaker.  For those who have already read some of her books or have followed her blog or her page on Facebook, you will know that she is like your favorite girlfriend talking to you and sharing stories about life and faith. She's funny and irreverent and serious all at the same time. She's real!

Well, here we are, nearing the end of October and also one week away from the end of the 31 day writing challenge. I don't know if I've made progress or not in my writing but I do know that the workshop and the support of fellow Clumsies have really encouraged me and helped me feel like I can do this thing. I still don't feel like my posts are as well written as most that I see but I don't feel like giving up. When we share questions and thoughts and posts on the Facebook page, we get great feedback which is really helpful as we go along this journey. We are all clumsy in one way or another and this group of people have helped to smooth the path a bit.


The workshop itself is great! I'm glad I signed up for it. You receive a section each week via email to focus on in order to improve your blog. Micah has organized it in a way that it isn't too much to handle or understand and you can get through it in one week easily. For those of us who are balancing family and work and this thing we like to do, it is just right in length and you have the time you need to sit with your blog and tweak it and work towards a better product.


I am running behind on the 31 Day writing challenge but have good company with a few others who are still fighting the good fight and making an effort to try to get caught up and be able to say that we could do this thing. Following through and completing a task like this is a lot like climbing a mountain.




Step by step, handhold by handhold we go up the mountain. Inch by inch, foot by foot we are gaining on the goal at the end - the peak of the mountain or the last day of the month which is also Halloween. I have a feeling that many of us who have undertaken this challenge will be celebrating that we made it .... TO THE END!

No comments:

Post a Comment