Sunday, October 11, 2015

Day 11: Fall Break - Binging on White Collar and Neal Caffrey


Binge watching TV shows whether on DVD or Netflix is addictive.  I have watched Call The Midwife and was so disappointed when I realized it was the last episode. I'm always heartbroken when a series ends. How about you? This is something I can't help. I guess I become involved with the characters and their families and stories. The Gilmore Girls were my best friends for a while and I really wouldn't mind retiring to a town like Stars Hollow!

Now we're watching White Collar. What's not to like about Neal Caffrey? He's an attractive guy and, even though he usually have a con going while wearing an ankle monitor, we still have to like him! Peter and Elizabeth are the greatest couple. I love the way they add "Hon" in their conversations to let tell each other they are ok and say "I love you" without saying it straight out. And Mozzie... what a unique individual he is. I loved the episode where we found out how he got his name!  We're working our way through the seasons and are on Season 4 right now.

I did enjoy watching Suits on Netflix. It's a great show with a young guy who can look at something once and it's in his memory forever.  That's how he outsmarted the senior partners with years of experience. It would have been fun to have someone like him in the law offices where I worked!

The funny thing about Netflix for us in Europe is that different shows are offered than the ones in the States. If we just log in directly from the internet, we are seeing the Belgian or Dutch offerings. If we log in via Strong VPN (which blocks our local IP address and gives us one in the States), then it's just like we are in the States and we can log in on the US Netflix site. The bad thing about the VPN is that only one person can use it at a time. We sometimes compete for it with our son. Wouldn't you think the one that pays the bills would have priority... sometimes not... The one upstairs can be very persuasive! He may end up being an attorney one day!

So, tonight, the big TV is featuring the Eagles vs. the Saints via NFL.com and our computer attached to the TV. I'll be reading and catching up on ideas for future blogs. That is if I don't end up watching something on my laptop (with headphones, of course)!


What are you binge watching? Maybe I'll add it to my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment