Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Day 5: Too much isn't awesome!

Too much isn't awesome!

Have you ever felt like you had too many things happening in your schedule and you are ready to have a panic attack? Well, I sure did yesterday.

A little background to this statement is that our son is our school's one man golf team this year and he's been playing really well. In fact, he moved from #20 golfer last year in our system to #4 this year! That's awesome, right? Well, now he has qualified for the European championship which is being held this week in Germany. That's awesome too! BUT, in order to get there, we have to prepare and organize and pack and plan and, and, and... This is when it is all became too much! Combine that with driving over an hour each way just to go to school/work and come home and you get the picture.

Last evening I knew I needed to write my Day 5 post for #31DaysWriting but I almost didn't have enough energy to get through making our dinner and putting my things in a pile to be put in the suitcase! I just couldn't get myself motivated or moving - I felt heavy and weighted down by all of the things that needed to be accomplished. I walked in the door from the garage and straight into the kitchen to get the soup ready for dinner -- thank goodness for rotisserie chicken is all I can say! I had to unwrap bouillon cubes for the broth and all I could think was - really! really! Why didn't I have that handy dandy jar of bouillon granules for a night like tonight!! Thankfully the soup was finally bubbling on its way to done and I could sit for a minute. I was dead dog tired!

Have you ever felt that way?

All of the things that needed to be done were good things, things needed to make our week a success. But I was worn out and it was only Monday! I don't have a strenuous job and I'm very used to driving the drive but this day just about did me in. Then I got my second wind, about 10pm and everything came together.
So today is Tuesday and it is actually Day #6 but I've at least gotten a bit off my chest about having too many awesome things to do... I happily came up with a plan for my Day #6 post because I've joined the book club for Simply Tuesday at http://www.incourage.me/bookclub. I also found an article about being exhausted written by the author of this great book. I didn't even know it was there until I just search on their site and clicked on a tab titled "encouragement." I needed that more than the warm tea in my travel mug!

Encouragement!

 I count these wonderful ladies at (in)courage as part of my girlfriend circle (remember Girlfriends are Important - Day#4) and they encourage me and motivate me with their articles and stories. I encourage you to visit that site to see what you may find to enrich your life! There is something there for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment